Finnish Committee for UNICEF is based in Helsinki and runs with about 90 employees assisted by about 34 voluntary groups functioning effectively all over the country. The committee also enjoys the support of National Goodwill Ambassadors who give their time and talent to advocate for the world's children and speak on behalf of UNICEF.
In addition, Finnish Committee for UNICEF runs programmes in Finnish schools promoting awareness of children’s rights. We also run national advocacy campaigns to raise public awareness of issues facing children around the world.
The Committee's basic operations include a variety of information and fund-raising campaigns and other nation-wide activities such as:
- Monthly giving (Kuukausilahjoitus) - direct debit programme for monthly donations to UNICEF
- UNICEF Walk (UNICEF-kävely) - a combination of sports event and fund-raising activities for UNICEF, carried out by the students of Finnish schools.
- Red Nose Day (Nenäpäivä) - a fundraising and information campaign conducted jointly by UNICEF Finland, Finnish Red Cross, FinnChurchAid and Yleisradio, the country's biggest broadcasting company..
- Other fund-raising projects for private donors and companies.
- HRBA in development cooperation - UNICEF Finland promotes human rights based approach (HRBA) to strenghten child right perspective in Finnish development cooperation.
- UniResearch - Exploring opportunities for innovative partnerships
Open Vacancies at UNICEF Finland
Please mind that all positions (except face-to-face fundraising) in the committee require a good knowledge of the Finnish language. Further information and open vacancies http://www.unicef.fi/unicef/rekrytointi
Open vacancies at UNICEF
Further information on the vacancies at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_careers.html
For general enquiries and information
Tel: +358 9 584 50 290
For more information on UNICEF's international work, please visit www.unicef.org