Finnish Committee for UNICEFFinnish Committee for UNICEF was established in 1967 to raise funds for UNICEF programmes around the world both for the protection of children in emergencies and for UNICEF's longer-term work.
Finnish Committee for UNICEF raises funds through donations from individuals, organisations and companies. The Committee's basic operations include a variety of information, advocacy and fund-raising campaigns and other nation-wide activities.
UNICEF's Face-to-face -recruiters in their flash mob -happening at Senate Square in Helsinki.
Finnish Committee for UNICEF is based in Helsinki and runs with about 50 employees assisted by about 40 voluntary groups functioning effectively all over the country. The committee also enjoys the support of National Goodwill Ambassadors who give their time and talent to advocate for the world's children and speak on behalf of UNICEF.
In addition, Finnish Committee for UNICEF runs programmes in Finnish schools promoting awareness of children’s rights. We also run national advocacy campaigns to raise public awareness of issues facing children around the world.
FundraisingThe Committee's basic operations include a variety of information, advocacy and fund-raising campaigns and other nation-wide activities such as:
- Monthly giving (Kuukausilahjoitus) - direct debit programme for monthly donations to UNICEF
- City Partnership/Finnish UNICEF City project, within which administration, companies, educational institutions and general public of annually nominated UNICEF city, organize and carry out activities to raise money for UNICEF
- Thirst Day - a nation-wide street collection fundraising campaign aimed at raising funds for water-related UNICEF projects in Africa.
- UNICEF Walk - a combination of sports event and fund-raising activities for UNICEF, carried out by the students of Finnish schools.
- Ylen Hyvä - a fundraising and information campaign conducted jointly by UNICEF Finland, Finnish Red Cross, FinnChurchAid and Yleisradio, the country's biggest broadcasting company..
- Other fund-raising projects for private donors and companies.
Open Vacancies at Finnish Committee for UNICEF (UNICEF Finland)Please mind that all positions in the committee require a good knowledge of the Finnish language. Further information on the vacancies at http://www.unicef.fi/rekrytointi
Open vacancies at UNICEFFurther information on the vacancies at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_careers.html
Contact detailsFor general enquiries and information
Tel: +358 9 584 50 290
Finnish Committee for UNICEF
For more information on UNICEF's international work, please visit www.unicef.org